fRI Research has a Business Strategy that guides business practices and provides direction. The current business strategy is in effect from 2012 to 2017.
This fifth 5-year business strategy has nine goals:
- Partnerships: Nurture and expand partnerships.
- Geographic Scope: Expand the geographic scope to encompass Partner interests as appropriate for each Program.
- Business Portfolio: Review and expand the business portfolio scope and integration based on partner priorities.
- Science Excellence: Ensure research is non-partisan and meets high standards for quality, relevance, and recognition.
- Knowledge Transfer: Facilitate the adoption of fRI Research knowledge, tools and technology into land and resource management practice.
- Partner Outreach and Support: Contribute to the success of Partners.
- Land and Resource Management: Contribute to improved land and resource management in Alberta and beyond.
- Reporting: Report to Partners and audiences on achievements and progress.
- Resources: Expand resources and investment.
This business strategy requires firm commitment and participation from Partners and the public to meet fRI Research goals and objectives.