Moving into the future, fRI Research is continuing its mandate to support research into sustainable integrated resource management practices. The GIS program continues to be an integral part of this research at fRI.
The Business Drivers for the GIS Program:
Science excellence -
- help to ensure research meets high standards for quality, relevance and recognition.
Knowledge transfer -
- facilitate the adoption of fRI knowledge, tools, and technology into land and resource management practice.
Land and resource management -
- contribute to improved land resource management in Alberta and beyond.
- expand fRI resouces and investment by improving data management, efficiency, integrity and quality.
- nurture and expand fRI partnerships by reducing redundancy in information and management.