The Healthy Landscapes Program at fRI Research is seeking a well-organized, highly motivated self-starter with a mix of science, communications, and partnership management skills to assume the role of Program Coordinator.
Knowledge and Skills
- An understanding of forest land management challenges and opportunities in Canada
- Experience as / propensity to be a partnership builder, negotiator, and/or facilitator
- Excellent two-way communication skills
- Strong leadership and supervisory skillsA BSc and MSc in some combination of environmental / biological sciences, geography, and communications / facilitation. A PhD is advantageous
- A minimum of five years of experience in the natural resource management and/or partnership development fields
- Familiarity with EBM principles and applications is an asset
- Being able to bridge between science theory and research outcomes is an asset
- Strong critical thinking is an asset
- Experience with any of the following technologies is an asset: GIS, R, web-design software, modelling, spatial statistics, web design, graphic design, social media platforms.
We are offering a guaranteed one-year contract in the range of $75,000 – 95,000/year, plus benefits, to start, and renewable for at least three years. The initial salary level will be based on experience and qualifications.
Work location and schedule are negotiable. There is opportunity for substantial professional advancement for the successful candidate.
Application Deadline: 16:00 hours Pacific Time, June 3, 2022
Only those candidates who are selected for an interview will receive a reply.
This job posting is now closed.